Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week 7......Done!

Week 7 Day 1 was pretty rough for me. I learned a VERY important lesson on that day. Josh and I had alot going on with the kids last Monday. I didn't even get home until after 6PM. I thought I could just do a quick stretch and get running. Boy was that a mistake! I should have stretched more. I was only 10 minutes into my 25 minute run when my legs started to cramp like you wouldn't believe!! I knew instantly what my mistake was. I tried to tough it out, but by minute 16 I just had to stop.
On Days 2 and 3, I had a MUCH easier time. I stretched for about 10 minutes before running. Everything was great, and I had no issues. I did get a little miffed on Day 3 when my Ipod battery died. I tend to depend on my music to get me through. I learned that the distraction of music was less of a necessity than I thought it was. I guess it was a week of lessons for me.
That is all for now! Bye!

4 comments:

anuradha said...

Admire your dedication! I think I need to keep returning back to your blog for boosting up my energy everytime i think bout workouts!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

how do you find out how to properly stretch, I am clueless. I am so proud of you.

LoriJack said...

Hey Oscar! Basically I make sure I really stretch my calves the most. I don't think there is any right way to do it. I was just really rushed that evening, so I barely stretched at all. You are supposed to spend about 30 sec - 1 min in each stretch. I spent about 5 secs and rushed on to running.

Kristin K Stock said...

Good for you girl! YOU GO!! I am just happy getting on my treadmill :) Huggers to you my friend!